Sunday, June 3, 2012

Moving On

Hello to all you readers out there! 

“Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” –Jim Rohn

When one starts college, they know that graduation will be about four years later, but while in school you don't expect it to come so fast, or what you're going to do after you graduate. Last Saturday I graduated from R.I.T with a degree in finance, and I can't believe how fast it went. I have a job at Toyota starting in July, but people will ask me what I am going to do, and I still don't know the answer. The world is full of open ended options, and so many things can happen and change so quickly. I can only hope that in a year from now I am happy in my job and doing what needs to be done to advance where I need to be financially, personally, and in my career. 

A week ago, I was scared...I won't lie, even though I knew that I had a job but with everyone asking me questions that I didn't know the answer to, it was scary. The unknown is the most scary thing, but you have to embrace that and accept that no one knows what will happen to them in a year from now, or even a week from now. This week I am going to Kentucky to find an apartment, and figure out where I will be living in July! I still don't know if I will be there by myself, or if my boyfriend will be there but I know that I will survive and everything will work out to how it is intended to be. I am excited to start my new path in life, and embrace the change that is coming my way whether I like it or not (like student loans). 

Last Saturday was the turning point in my life where I am leaving one chapter of my life and turning the page to the next. Graduation was long and painful to sit through but I DID IT! I graduated from RIT, and now am an alumni (weird to say). Most of my family was there to celebrate with me and I had a great time!! Now this Summer is full of fun and exciting things, where I can relax and have fun before I enter the workforce for the rest of my life!!!

                                          (Me and Geoffrey after graduation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment